Thursday, March 24, 2011

Simply Salad!

I love my salads and am always trying to create a new and different salad to serve!  Homemade Gourmet has been helpful with their numerous salad dressings that are marvelous!  You can find salad recipes by going to my Homemade Gourmet site (to the right of this page) and click on Recipe Search, then on the side bar click on Sides and Salads.

I enjoy the Apple Pecan Vinaigrette Mix, it offers a sweet and tart flavor of fresh apples with crunchy pecans.  All you add is oil, and apple cider vinegar.  This comes in a double pack for $11.00 and each packet makes one cup of dressing/marinade.


Apple Pecan Salad can also be a main meal, add either sliced Chicken Breast or Turkey to this for a different taste.  Great for a brunch or simple and quick dinner.  Serve this with one of our four bread choices:  Three Cheese Garlic Biscuit #01.9000  $7.00,  Texas Cornbread #01.2351  $6.00, Tomato Basil Bread #01.9001  $6.00  or our classic Beer Bread #01.5100  $6.00.



1 comment:

  1. I have never thought of an Apple/Pecan combination for salad dressing--sounds so fresh and delicous!!!! You inspire me, girl!

    ReplyDelete