Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Tres Queso Breakfast Burrito (for Skillet Version, see my Sunrise Special Blog

The Tres Queso I have made a few times and the family has always enjoyed it.  I have made it for breakfast, never for dinner.  I decided to try the option of Breakfast Burrito tonight.  It was a hit!   It's a hearty one-skillet meal, and really easy to throw together.  You may substitute ground beef or turkey for a delightful dinner frittata.  Tonight I added ground sausage, eggs, shredded cheese, guacamole, sour cream, salsa and a dash of hot sauce.

I started by cooking the sausage, shredding the cheese and cracking the eggs.
I like to get all my ingredients ready to go!




Boil two cups of water and add Tres Queso Mix, saute covered for fifteen minutes



Add your sausage to the mix, and then the egg.  If making the frittata, do not mix, let the eggs cook and set up nicely.  When eggs are set, sprinkle with cheese and serve with salsa, and whatever other toppings you would like.  For the Burrito, you would stir the eggs into a scramble.




While your eggs are cooking you can prepare your tortilla's with all the fixin's.  Once the eggs are cooked, place your tortilla in the pan, heat and add egg/potato/sausage mixture





Roll that bad boy up and enjoy a wonderful Breakfast/Dinner Burrito!!  If you have a huge appetite, you can serve with rice and beans.  By the time I fill my tummy with this huge Burrito, I am stuffed!



To order please click on Homemade Gourmet at the top of this page to the right.  Sign in and click on SHOP, you'll find this particular mix quickly by searching the item number #02.8101 $6.75 
I made four burritos tonight and had enough to do two more easily!
Enjoy!!

This dish is can also be made as a vegetarian dish.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness do I ever LOVE breakfast burritos--those look absolutely fabulous! Go Lisa!!!

    ReplyDelete